Discover the numerous benefits of using premade fans in the world of lash extensions. From saving time to achieving flawless results, this article explores how premade fans can take your lash game to the next level
Enhancing Your Lash Game: The Advantages of Premade Fans
Are you looking for a way to create stunning volume lashes in less time and with less hassle? If so, you might want to consider using premade fans. Premade fans are individual lashes that have been bonded together to form a fan shape, ready to be applied to the natural lashes. They are ideal for lash artists who want to offer volume services without having to master the skill of making fans by hand.
In this post, we will explain what premade fans are, how they differ from other types of volume lashes, and what are the benefits of using them. We will also give you some tips on how to choose the best premade fans for your clients and how to apply them correctly.
What are premade fans?
Premade fans are clusters of synthetic lashes that have been pre-fanned and glued at the base. They come in different sizes, lengths, curls, and thicknesses, depending on the desired look and effect. Premade fans can be either heat-bonded or glue-bonded. Heat-bonded fans have a thinner and lighter base, which makes them more natural-looking and comfortable to wear. Glue-bonded fans have a thicker and sturdier base, which makes them more durable and easier to handle.
Premade fans are also known as pro-made fans, pre-fanned lashes, or ready-made fans. They are different from express fans or easy fans, which are loose lashes that fan out automatically when picked up with tweezers. They are also different from cluster lashes or flare lashes, which are heavier and more damaging to the natural lashes.
What are the benefits of using premade fans?
Using premade fans can offer many advantages for lash artists and clients alike. Some of the benefits include:
Saving time: Using premade fans can cut down the application time by up to 50%, as you don’t have to spend time making fans by hand. This means you can book more clients in a day and increase your income.
Saving money: Using premade fans can also save you money on lash supplies, as you don’t have to buy as many individual lashes or glue. Premade fans also last longer than handmade fans, as they are more resistant to shedding and twisting.
Improving quality: Using premade fans can improve the quality of your work, as you can achieve more consistent and symmetrical results. Premade fans also allow you to create more volume and density without adding too much weight or stress to the natural lashes.
Enhancing creativity: Using premade fans can enhance your creativity, as you can mix and match different sizes, lengths, curls, and colors to create customized looks for your clients. You can also use different techniques, such as wispy, camellia, or spikes, to add more texture and dimension.
How do you choose the best premade fans for your clients?
Choosing the best premade fans for your clients depends on several factors, such as their natural lash condition, eye shape, personal preference, and desired outcome. Here are some tips on how to choose the best premade fans for your clients:
Consider the size: The size of the premade fan refers to the number of lashes in each fan. The size can range from 2D to 20D or more. The higher the number, the more volume and drama you can create. However, you also have to consider the weight and diameter of each lash. For example, a 5D fan made of 0.07mm lashes will weigh less than a 5D fan made of 0.15mm lashes. You should always choose the size that is suitable for your client’s natural lash strength and health.
Consider the length: The length of the premade fan refers to the length of each lash in millimeters. The length can range from 6mm to 18mm or more. The longer the lash, the more dramatic and glamorous the look. However, you also have to consider the proportion and balance of your client’s eye shape and face shape. You should always choose the length that is flattering and harmonious for your client’s features.
Consider the curl: The curl of the premade fan refers to the curvature of each lash. The curl can range from J (the least curly) to L+ (the most curly). The curlier the lash, the more open and lifted the eye will appear. However, you also have to consider the direction and angle of your client’s natural lash growth. You should always choose the curl that is compatible and comfortable for your client’s lashes.
Consider the color: The color of the premade fan refers to the hue or tint of each lash. The color can range from black (the most common) to brown, blonde, or even rainbow colors. The darker the color, the more contrast and definition it will create. However, you also have to consider your client’s skin tone, hair color, and personal style. You should always choose the color that is suitable and appealing for your client’s appearance.
How to apply premade fans correctly?
Applying premade fans correctly is essential for ensuring a safe, comfortable, and long-lasting result. Here are some steps on how to apply premade fans correctly:
- Prepare the lashes: Before applying the premade fans, you should always prepare the natural lashes by cleansing, priming, and isolating them. You should also map out the lash design and select the appropriate premade fans for each section of the eye.
- Pick up the fan: To pick up the premade fan, you should use a pair of curved or angled tweezers and gently grip the fan at the base. You should avoid squeezing or pulling the fan too hard, as this can damage or deform the fan shape.
- Dip the fan: To dip the premade fan, you should use a small amount of lash glue and dip only the tip of the base into the glue. You should avoid dipping too much or too little glue, as this can affect the adhesion and retention of the fan.
- Place the fan: To place the premade fan, you should use a 90-degree angle and attach the fan to the base of the natural lash. You should avoid placing the fan too close or too far from the lash line, as this can cause irritation or discomfort. You should also avoid placing the fan on top of or under the natural lash, as this can cause twisting or drooping. You should always place the fan on the side of the natural lash, wrapping it around the lash for a better bond.
- Repeat the process: To complete the application, you should repeat the process until you have covered all the sections of the eye with premade fans. You should always check for any gaps, stickies, or crossed lashes and fix them accordingly. You should also use a lash brush to comb through and fluff up the lashes for a more natural and voluminous look.
In conclusion, the advantages of premade fans in the world of lash extensions cannot be overstated. These innovative products save time, enhance efficiency, and allow lash technicians to achieve flawless results consistently. Additionally, the versatility of premade fans opens up a realm of creative possibilities, ensuring that every client can achieve their desired lash look. As the popularity of lash extensions continues to grow, incorporating premade fans into your repertoire is a game-changer that will elevate your lash game to new heights.